Monday 6 August 2012

Revolutionary Earplugs (life with M.E.)

Hi all!!

Different little blog post today.

I know most of us suffer with an inability to cope with noise.

I have used earplugs during the night for too many years to count.

Until now, the main ones sold were orange foam ones. These are good but loosen everytime I move my jaw.

There are now a new, revolutionary type that I have found wonderful. Which also are easier on the eczema inside of my ears.

They are like a cross between bluetack and putty, and look like blue throat lozenges. They come in packs of two pairs, so six in all. And are around £3 to £4 per pack here.

They are called Bioears silicone earslugs and I highly recommend them.

They are widely available in the UK, tho I am not sure around the world, but would be happy to look into it for anyone if you tell me where in the world you bless with your presence.

You can get them in shops like Boots, Superdrug, Chemists, and online via amazon and ebay etc.

Here are some links to help those interested--

Amazon UK
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0013HGG0C/ref=s9_simh_gw_p121_d0_g121_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1W0NXXTQHX2F1WJRBKK4&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294

Ebay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=bioears%20silicone%20earplugs&_sop=15

I have attached a picture of the box as you buy them, and a picture of one next to a foam earplug as comparison.

I do hope this may help some of you a little.
Please feel free to contact me for any more info on this, or anything else.
contactalisonlouisebell@gmail.com

Many thanks to the ever beautiful Buttercup Teddy for helping me find these earplugs!

So for now lovelies,
Best Wishes, Much Love and Blessings

Alison., on behalf of.,

The Tinkerbelle and Hummingbird M.E. Blog x x



4 comments:

Marsha said...

I just found your site ...... I think through Hummingbird on Facebook today...... THANK YOU for this recommendation! I use the orange,lumps in my ears inducing foam plugs and they're horrible......I'm off to buy some of these right now!
(((hugs)))

Alison bell said...

Hi ma'am. Welcome to our community. Thank you so much for time and effort to comment. I am happy to get you some and post them to you if you like.
I am so thrilled to have helped, well if you do indeed find them helpful once you've got them that is! I was a little unsure about doing that post as not what we usually do but if they help me, i could never risk not helping others! Let me know how you find them.
If you ever want to chat, about life with m.e. or anything but, please feel free to email me at contactalisonlouisebell@gmail.com
Its been wonderful 'meeting' some of you!
Once again, thank you for commenting, helps so much.
Much love
Alison
God bless

Unknown said...

Hello Alison!

I had forgotten to bookmark the site so it's taken me ages to get back here again,bookmarked now though!
You're such a sweetheart offering to post these to me if need be,thank you so very much.I got myself a pack from ebay though so I'm all good.And I love them.They took a bit of getting used to and I do wake up clutching them in my hands (huh?? LOL) but they do a good job and no more painful lumps in my ears which is such a blessing.
Its lovely to 'meet' you too! Thank you too for the chat offer,be careful you don't wear yourself out!More. ;-)
I'll be back to do some more reading in the near future.
Take care,
love n hugs
Marsha =) xxx

Alison bell said...

ur so welcome, so glad they help you! what do you do in your sleep tho to find them in your hands :-P
i love talking with you all, so feel free to email any time you like, Im just slow at it!
much love
Alison God bless